Totara Grove School runs an after school care programme which is supervised by Ana Hickey.
The programme runs from 3:00pm to 5:30pm – the children are given afternoon tea and there is supervised homework time, games, etc.
You are free to pick up your child(ren) at any time during the afternoon but they must be collected by 5:30pm at the latest.
The cost is $10 per day for one child or $15 per day per family. We ask that the fees be paid on a weekly basis. Receipts will be issued upon payment.
There is a dedicated number for After School Care. It is 021 086 17676
Some of the things we do at After School Care are:
3:00pm – 3:15pm Sign in – Free time
3:15pm – 3:30pm Afternoon meal – biscuits, drinks, fruit etc.
3:30pm – 5:30pm Home time activities
- Arts and Crafts
- TV or video
- Playing outside
- Inside games (children can bring along a favourite from home and keep it in Mrs Wolfgram’s office for the day) – other games will be available.
- Cooking – usually during wet days – sometimes we might ask for ingredients to be brought along from home. e.g. for soup or pizzas.
- Swimming during summer months
- If children bring their bikes, they are only to ride on the concrete area on the Netball Court, and they need the correct safety equipment. If riding someone else’s bike, they must have permission from home.
- The children must stay within the school boundaries.
- If you have any problems, please discuss these with us.
- If your contact details change please inform us.
To register please contact the school office on 435 0019.